Ned Welc has been a General Manager of private clubs in Ohio and Florida for many years. As a leading expert on private club mergers and acquisitions, Ned offers a full range of private club management and operational consulting services, including improving staff training and team building. In addition, he conducts a variety of seminars for club professionals on M+A, club industry trends, and operational management strategies such as improving organizational health and Management & Board retreats. Ned is a Professor of the Hospitality Management School at Kent State University. He graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business from the University of Akron and earned his Master's degree from the University of Cincinnati. Prior to his career in Club Management, Ned was the field announcer for the Cleveland Indians major league baseball team for eight seasons.
His experience includes:
- General Manager/COO/CEO of outstanding private clubs, including The University Club of Akron, The Cleveland Racquet Club, The Mayfield Sand Ridge Club and The Sanctuary Golf Club.
- Successfully accomplished the only merger of three clubs in the country. The Mayfield Country Club, Sand Ridge Golf Club, and the Oakwood Club.
- President Greater Cleveland Chapter of Club Mangers Association of America (CMAA).
- Southwest Florida Regional Representative CMAA.
- Certified Club Manager and Chief Executive Officer and member of Honor Society of CMAA.
- Guest speaker at national CMAA conference and Greater Cleveland, National Capital Chapter, Florida Chapter, and Great Lakes Clubs Conference.
- Presents seminars on Club Team Building, Organizational Health, and Club Mergers.
- Provided team-building programs for several clubs, including Fairlawn Country Club and Portage Country Club in Akron, Ohio.
- Adjunct professor at The Kent State University School of Hospitality Management.
- Chairman Kent State University Hospitality Advisory Board.
- Received special recognition as “Friend of The Ronald House” by the Ronald McDonald House of Cleveland.
- Served on Special Events Committee of the American Cancer Society and Sanibel –Captiva Cares.