Dan brings over 25 years of senior management experience as general manager / COO of several Platinum Level Clubs. Most recently, Dan successfully led the 95th PGA Championship as the host manager at Oak Hill Country Club. Dan’s leadership helped make the Championship one of the most successful in the tournament’s history.
In addition to his club industry experience, Dan has served CMAA as a national committee member and chapter board member. During his career he has served as the Executive Career Services (ECS) chairman for both the Metropolitan Club Managers Association and the Connecticut Club Managers Association, assisting over 100 clubs in fine-tuning their governance models and filling senior management positions. Dan also supports nationally recognized hospitality programs as an advisory board member, mentor and guest speaker.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- Member of the 95th PGA Championship Executive Committee providing leadership to the planning and execution of this major championship held at Oak Hill Country Club, Rochester, New York.
- Executive Career Services chairman for the Metropolitan Club Managers Association and the Connecticut Club Managers Association. Served CMAA as a national committee member for the Career Services Committee.
- Inducted into the Metropolitan Club Managers Association’s Hall of Fame and remains an active member of the Club Managers Association of America with the CCM distinction.
- General manager / COO of prestigious private clubs including Oak Hill Country Club, Innis Arden Golf Club in Greenwich Conn., Saratoga Golf and Polo Club in Saratoga, New York and The Edison Club in Rexford, New York.
- Graduate of Rochester Institute of Technology’s College of Hotel and Tourist Industries Management, receiving the Margaret Sarah Gilliam Award in 2013 for outstanding Alumni Achievement. Dan remains a guest speaker and management mentor to the program.
- Guest speaker and mentor to Florida State University, Dedman College of Hospitality Management / Department of Professional Golf Management. Member of the 2013 Championship Golf Management Panel. Current Advisory Board member for Schenectady County Community College’s Culinary and Hospitality Management program. Former Advisory Board member for Kansas State University and Adirondack Community College, Hospitality Management programs.